Consistency is often confused for stagnation or inaction. But it implies the exact opposite thing.
Contrary to popular belief, consistency doesn’t entail doing the same thing over and over again. Instead, it’s all about cultivating persistence and commitment in your actions.
Successful people can be classified into two categories depending on their level of persistence. We have those who make it to the top but hardly maintain their position. Then we have those who climb up the ladder of success and once they reach the top, it’s almost impossible to bring them down.
You need consistency to seize and maintain control of your industry. It’s one quality that every successful person is well conversant with.
When a UFO fighter wins a championship title, they do not go home, hang their belt in their trophy cabinet and begin to wallow in the glory of their achievements. On the contrary, they pursue their workouts more diligently, fully aware that there will always be a worthy contender out to challenge them to the trophy.
Similarly, a company doesn’t scale down on their marketing campaigns once they hit their annual revenue projections. Neither does a college student part ways with their books after scoring the best possible grades.
But like all other success ingredients, such as patience and perseverance, consistency can be very difficult to cultivate. That’s where consistency quotes can come in quite handy.
We’ve taken the liberty to search and present some of the best consistency quotes ever.
The following quotes about consistency can help you stay focused and committed to your goals despite the many obstacles that could be working against you. When you remain focused on your goals, it doesn’t matter how long it takes to achieve them.
You’ll always rest assured that every single action inches you closer to your dreams. Besides, maintaining a certain degree of persistence every day is a great way to establish a healthy routine. And that’s the core essence of consistency.
These consistency quotes can also help to nurture hard work. The quotes attempt to demystify the long-held misconception among the younger generations that success can be achieved overnight. As you recite these quotes every morning or while undertaking your daily endeavors, you’ll begin to appreciate that every success story is born of hard work and persistence.
The best part about our list of consistency quotes is that they’re suitable for everyone, regardless of their occupation, enterprise, or social status. The quotes can help a school-going kid appreciate the significance of staying focused in their academic goals.
Managers can also leverage these quotes to help their employees set and work towards their company objectives. What’s more, stay-at-home parents can use these quotes to establish a healthy routine for themselves and their kids.
Whether you’re struggling to stay focused on your goals or not, you’ll definitely find this amazing collection of 55+ consistency quotes worth bookmarking. The list includes quotes from some of the most influential men and women the world has ever known, including politicians, thespians, and philosophers.
1. “Freedom in art, freedom in society, this is the double goal towards which all consistent and logical minds must strive.”
– Victor Hugo.
2. “Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character.”
– Stephen Covey.
3. “Wise men make more opportunities than they find.”
– Francis Bacon.
4. “The hallmark of excellence, the test of greatness, is consistency.”
– Jim Tressel.
5. “A consistent soul believes in destiny, a capricious one in chance.”
– Benjamin Disraeli.
6. “Consistency is the foundation of virtue.”
– Francis Bacon.
7. “One bulb at a time. There was no other way to do it. No shortcuts – simply loving the slow process of planting… Loving an achievement that grew slowly and bloomed for only three weeks each year.”
– Jaroldeen Asplund Edwards, ‘The Daffodil Principle’.
8. “I pray to be like the ocean with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency, rather than the highs and the lows.”
– Drew Barrymore.
9. “Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.”
– Oscar Wilde.
10. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest.”
– Maya Angelou.
11. “You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man’s age-old dream – the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order – or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism.”
– Ronald Reagan.
12. “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.”
– Anthony Robbins.
13. “Consistency is the most overrated of all human virtues… I’m someone who changes his mind all the time.”
– Malcolm Gladwell.
14. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency, as consistent hard work leads to success, greatness will come.”
– Dwayne Johnson.
15. “I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.”
– Louis C. K.
16. “When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.”
– Arsene Wenger.
17. “Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time.”
– John C. Maxwell, ‘The 15 Invaluable Laws Of Growth: Live Them And Reach Your Potential’.
18. “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.”
– Tony Robbins.
19. “I’m confident to say that if you want to grow in a profession, consistency is the key… I’m strict about my work goals and training.”
– Eliud Kipchoge.
20. “All winning teams are goal-oriented. Teams like these win consistently because everyone connected with them concentrates on specific objectives. They go about their business with blinders on; nothing will distract them from achieving their aims.”
– Lou Holtz.
21. “People like consistency. Whether it’s a store or a restaurant, they want to come in and see what you are famous for.”
– Millard Drexler.
22. “In any team sport, the best teams have consistency and chemistry.”
– Roger Staubach.
23. “Consistency is one of the biggest factors in leading to accomplishment and success.”
– Byron Pulsifer.
24. “Trust is built with consistency.”
– Lincoln Chafee.
25. “You cannot be a winner without maturity and consistency.”
– Marco Silva.
26. “Getting an audience is hard. Sustaining an audience is hard. It demands a consistency of thought, of purpose, and of action over a long period of time.”
– Bruce Springsteen.
27. “Consistency is an under-appreciated inspirational quality. It’s that ability to conduct yourself in a consistent, reliable manner that others will respect and appreciate.”
– Del Suggs, ‘Truly Leading: Lessons In Leadership’.
28. “Consistency is what counts; you have to be able to do things over and over again.”
– Hank Aaron.
29. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
30. “Consistency paired with self-discipline is crucial to achieving your goals and being successful.”
– Brian Tracy.
31. “An intelligent consistency is the foundation of genius.”
– Chris Matakas.
32. “Success is not a matter of mastering subtle, sophisticated theory but rather of embracing common sense with uncommon levels of discipline and persistence.”
– Patrick Lencioni.
33. “Long-term consistency trumps short-term intensity.”
– Bruce Lee.
34. “The key to success is consistency. And right now, the only way for you to actually take action is to believe in yourself.”
– Zak Frazer, ‘Mastering Motivation’.
35. “The harder the struggle, the bigger the gain. The important thing is to stick with it, repetitively and consistently.”
– Mara Schiavocampo, ‘Thinspired’.
36. “Being persistent may lead you to the door but consistency is the key which unlocks it.”
– Kenny Dasinger.
37. “Breakthrough does not only come from hard work, but with consistency in working hard.”
– Nokwethemba Nkosi.
38. “What is consistent in your life; is your life.”
– Abdul Rauf.
39. “You cannot consistently perform in a manner which is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.”
– Zig Ziglar.
40. “Constancy is the complement of all other human virtues.”
– Giuseppe Mazzini.
41. “Inconsistency is the only thing in which men are consistent.”
– Horatio Smith.
42. “The constancy of the wise is only the talent of concealing the agitation of their hearts.”
– Francois de la Rochefoucauld.
43. “Without consistency, there is no moral strength.”
– Robert Owen.
44. “Ambition is the path to success, persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”
– William Eardley IV.
45. “I accumulated small but consistent habits that ultimately led to results that were unimaginable when I started.”
– James Clear.
46. “Positivity, confidence, and persistence are key in life, so never give up on yourself.”
47. “Respectable character is developed by consistency in self-discipline and self-control.”
– Anil Kumar Sinha.
48. “What I do every day matters more than what I do once in a while.”
– Gretchen Rubin.
49. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.”
– Benjamin Franklin.
50. “Consistency is a key element, without which a leader is incapable of getting respect, success or even developing confidence in others.”
– Daniel Transon.
51. “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
52. “The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.”
– Tom Landry.
53. “The secret of success is constancy of purpose.”
– Benjamin Disraeli.
54. “Consistency is contrary to nature contrary to life the only completely consistent people are the dead.”
– Aldous Huxley.
55. “Do it again and again. Consistency makes the raindrops to create holes in the rock. Whatever is difficult can be done easily with regular attendance, attention and action.”
– Israelmore Ayivor, ‘The Great Hand Book Of Quotes’.