Last Updated on March 8, 2022
At some point or another, we have all been there. We need an app to do something and then we download it, choose the free trial option, and then forget to cancel it. By this time it is already too late, and you have paid $20 for a 3-month subscription to a cartoon picture animator (okay maybe that was just me) but the point remains, knowing where to go and what to do in order to cancel a subscription because to you don’t need it or want it anymore is a tool that everyone should know how to utilize.
What this article looks to do is keep things short and sweet, telling you where to go if you want to cancel a subscription on your iPhone and letting you know exactly what to do!
I do realize that some people can understand things better if they physically see somebody doing the job first, so for all of you visual learners, here is a link to a YouTube video detailing how to do all of the below steps:
It is important to know a few key things before cancelling:
- If you do not cancel before the free trial ends, then you will likely be billed on a recurring basis. So, if you have used free trials before and forgotten about the app, then you may be paying a lot of money on apps that you don’t even use!
- If you do cancel your subscription, you will still get to utilise all of the applications’ premium features until your billing period is up.
- Always cancel a subscription at least 24-hours before the renewal date or before the trial expires so that you make sure you will not be charged.
How do I cancel?
1. Go to your settings on your phone.
2. Click on your name bar, it will be at the top of the page, above the airplane mode feature.
3. Under your name, you will see a tab named “subscriptions”, you want to click on this.
4. Once you have clicked on the subscriptions tab, you will be given a list of each of the apps or services that you are subscribed to, how much you pay, how often you pay it and when it is renewing.
5. If there is an application that you wish to cancel, simply click on it, scroll down, and press “cancel subscription” or “cancel free trial” at the bottom.
6. You will get a pop up telling you that if you confirm, then it will cancel your subscription.
7. Press Confirm, ad your subscription will be cancelled. Remember though, that you will be able to utilize the premium benefits until your next billing cycle comes around.
8. And it is that simple, now if you wish to cancel a trial or stop using a service or an application that you have no need for, you can cancel using the seven simple steps outlined above.