Last Updated on September 24, 2021
Despite all its complexity, Magento is becoming more and more popular among customers who want to create an online store or any other high-load online project. Accordingly, the number of contractors is also increasing. In order not to be mistaken and choose a truly reliable and professional performer, the client should know what points to pay attention to.
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE MAGENTO PLATFORM
To obtain partner status, companies undergo a series of checks by the head office of Magento Inc., including:
- code quality level;
- availability of completed projects of a certain complexity and cost;
- the presence in the team of employees with Magento certificates;
- customer reviews.
Successful passing of all inspections gives the contractor company the status of “Partner”, which is proof and evidence of its competence.
AVAILABILITY OF MAGENTO CERTIFICATES
Few Magento developers are certified. In most cases, this is due to the fact that in order to obtain certificates, you need to undergo complex training and final testing in a special center. When choosing a bigcommerce developer at Elogic for fruitful cooperation, pay attention to those who can document their knowledge and qualifications.
Magento certification is an international system for assessing the knowledge of developers working with this platform. There are 4 types of Magento certificates:
- Magento solution specialist indicates that the developer has in-depth knowledge of the capabilities of this CMS and can customize it.
- Magento front-end developer proves that a specialist can create and customize platform themes that will work correctly on all types of devices.
- Magento certified developer indicates that a developer can create a back-end online store on the Magento platform, taking into account the logic of the core, payment and delivery methods settings and the need for additional integration with modules of other developers, etc. this is the most optimal Magento certificate, which proves deep the developer’s knowledge of the platform and his ability to work with code.
- Magento certified developer plus is the coolest certificate that proves that the developer has a deep understanding of the Magento enterprise edition.
EXPERIENCE WITH MAGENTO
When choosing a contractor company, pay attention to the period of time that it works with the platform. The experience of the developers determines what problems they can solve and in what time frame. This will allow you to avoid many problems in the future. Tip: Review the contractor’s portfolio carefully.
WARRANTY & SUPPORT
Online stores created on the basis of Magento differ in functionality, so it is important to clearly calculate an additional estimate even at the planning stage. This will allow you to support the project after its release. Avoid partnerships with companies that do not have the option of supporting a project. You can try Magento development services by Elogic.
Also pay attention to the availability of a warranty period for the work of programmers. As a rule, it is 6 months from the date of the project launch.
One of the important criteria when choosing a contractor company is the portfolio of projects. You have chosen the right direction if, while viewing the portfolio, you liked some of the cases, and you had a desire to create a similar project.
The ability to ask the developer any question about the project and get a competent and comprehensive answer is an extremely important component. Be sure to take it into account when choosing a team with which you will cooperate in the future.
Additional advantages of the development company are the presence of a manager who will lead the project and a team of testers. You should also take into account the competitiveness of the proposal, choosing a more suitable option for yourself.
Guided by the listed parameters and taking into account all the nuances, you will choose a reliable qualified contractor with whom you can work fruitfully for many years.