In our daily lives, you cannot always expect to capture the perfect shot every time you press the button, but you can undoubtedly crop out unwanted parts of your image and only leave the needed elements after. There is always an option to change the aspect ratio to make your photo look better on social media.
For example, cropping a personal avatar photo is standard practice. Well, due to the advanced technology, you don’t have to ask for help from professional photographers to do it for you. Actually, there is more than one way to solve the problem of how to crop a picture. You can do it with third-party tools for a better experience or using the built-in programs on the phone.
Today, we will guide you to walk through the detailed methods of how to crop a picture on Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone. All of those approaches we will mention in this article are 100% free and available to use through our text. Now, it is time for us to dive into the details and find out what is the most suitable one for you.
In this article, you will find out:
- How to Crop a Picture on Windows
- WorkinTool Watermark Remover
- How to Resize a Picture on Mac
- Using the Photos App
- Cropping Pictures on Android and iPhone
- Built-in Photos App
- More to Share
How to Crop a Picture on Windows
Even though tons of image editors and online services already offer users the features to apply various effects to their photos. Some of you still find it hard to crop the ideal pictures for your needs. Yes, most of these services are not 100% free without limits. Plus, they are tough to use. There are specific rules for input and output photos. So, it is still challenging to do the trick. Considering that situation, we have found the perfect Window image editor for you: to use WorkinTool Watermark Remover.
WorkinTool Watermark Remover
WorkinTool Watermark Remover is an all-in-one powerful watermark solution that can help users to deal with all sorts of watermark problems. But don’t underestimate this tool just because it is called a watermark remover. There are tons of image, and video editing features to meet users’ different needs. Asides from the well-equipped features, it is also attached with simplicity. WorkinTool has designed this software to easily facilitate users of all ages to operate it conveniently. Whether a new image editor or an experienced photographer, you can directly find precisely what you want on the interface and get the job done in a second.
The picture cropping function in this application is no less than the feature of Photoshop. You only need to use this tool to add your desired picture and use the custom cropping options to make a good cut. If you don’t know how what is the perfect size for different sites, it also offers fixed ratios for various situations like posting pictures on Instagram and Twitter. Now, let’s see together how to crop a picture using this.
Feature in Use
Since cropping a picture is one of the features of editing, the first function we will need to find after downloading is editing. Well, it is not hard to look at. WorkinTool has already made it very clear on the right side of the interface for users to get what features they might need.
After you have inputted your targeted image, find the cropping icon. Here it offers you two options you can use. One is to input the image size with width and height directly. And another one is to crop the image using the custom mode.
- Common: For this mode, it offers you six templates, including custom size, square (1:1), 4:3, 3:4, 16:9, and 9:16. You can directly apply any one of these modes to your picture.
- Facebook: Three different templates are here for users’ other Facebook uses. You can use them to add an ID photo, your Facebook banner, or post a picture.
- Instagram: For Instagram, four templates are accessible for users to meet the various purposes of posting Instagram photos like portrait, landscape pictures, and square images in the Instagram Story.
- Twitter: Just like Facebook, this tool has equipped it with three different ratios of the picture to add a profile photo, Twitter banner, and posting your pictures.
After cropping the perfect image size, you need to click Save now to download it to your Windows computer. All cropping options, including these targeted features, are totally free to use. You can crop and go. Troubles free.
How to Resize a Picture on Mac
Using the Photos App
Suppose you are more like a Mac user and crop your pictures for basic needs. Then I recommend you use the built-in Photos App. It is 100% free and easy to use for everyone.
In the Photos App on the Mac, click photos, and then click edit on the toolbar.
- Click crop on the toolbar. Mac Photos also provides several options for users to crop.
- You can click “Auto” to auto-crop the photo or correct it.
- If you want to resize it manually, drag the selection rectangle to contain the area you want to keep in the photo.
- For a square photo, you can select a square. To print an image, select a preset aspect ratio, such as 8:10. To resize a picture for a high-definition video, select 16:9. Alternatively, select custom to enter a custom aspect ratio for the photo.
- Once you have made the changes, tap Finish.
Cropping Pictures on Android and iPhone
If you are more like an Instagram influencer and get used to using mobile phones to edit photos, it is ok because there are also ways to solve the problem of how to crop a picture. Whether you use iPhone or Android, you can use the built-in features to adjust the cropping parts on the photos free of charge. Now, let’s check out the methods.
Here I use Android. For example, iPhone devices are basically the same
- Find your preferred picture and click on the Edit button.
- Then, choose the first option to Crop&rotate your image.
- Manually adjusting the selecting box can crop the picture for you just right.
- After cutting, tap on the √ to save this picture on your phone.
More to Share
In this post, we have provided you with the best Windows desktop tool to deal with the problem of how to crop a picture on Windows and Mac. Besides that, we also offer you mobile methods to do that on smartphones which is convenient for both iPhones and Android. Whether you are a computer user or mobile phone user, we have given you a free and effective way to ensure that the results can meet your needs.