Last Updated on March 23, 2021
The tech market has introduced new attractive features, which keep us glued to our screens. The experience is incredible as small gadgets and streaming media play a significant role in the entertainment world. The online content is available in a different format based on user interests. There are famous media players such as Kodi, which offer online streaming services and compatible with different platforms.
Kodi is an open-source media player who was established by a non-profit company (XBMC). The software is free and available on operating systems, windows, Mac, IOS, TV stick, and Android devices. You can stream online media such as movies, TV series, videos, music, photo, documentaries, and more.
Open source requires several features for better functionality. Kodi addons and Kodi builds powerful software to help in Kodi operations. Users can install the best Kodi builds to access an extensive library of stream media.
Kodi doesn’t just function with online content but also uses photos and videos stored on a local drive. The Kodi media player accommodates addons from its repository and also third-party apps. However, the user must be cautious about the type of Kodi addons installed on their app. Some third-party addons are unlicensed and interfere with piracy policies of online content.
The Kodi foundation works in eliminating such malicious addons. To ensure users access the best and legal online content. Addons are designed only to contain certain content. The internet has many best Kodi movies addons, music add-ons, kids channels, sports, and more.
The Kodi addons apps help users watch and listen to music freely. It provides a variety of content, unlike the standard media players. The Kodi software provides different potentials to users, making it the best open source media player. In this article, we learn about installing Kodi addons from third-party developers. The process applies to all devices since Kodi is compatible with all devices.
How to install Kodi Addons on Kodi on any device (Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, and TV sticks)
The installation process is quite lengthy but worth trying. It’s a guarantee of free online content and a variety of services from Kodi.
Kodi installation in a three-phase process.
- By adding a source to the addons.
- The second user should install the addons to the repository from the added source.
- Finally, installing addons.
To initiate the Kodi installation process, the Kodi system must allow installation from unknown sources.
- Open Kodi setting page and proceed to the “system” tab.
- Click addons followed by unknown sources.
- Once you enable unknown sources, you can proceed with Kodi installation.
- Next, the user needs to add sources for addons. Again open the Kodi app on your preferred device.
- Go to the settings tab >file manager and click add source option.
- The page will provide a pop-up message, select the button “none,” and type the source URL. The user should type or paste the URL of the preferred add-ons example Exodus Redux.
- The page will request the name of the source, enter the name, and proceed.
- Now click the option “ok” to remove the dialogue box on the screen.
- Again get back to the home screen and select “addons”>package installer tab.
- Now choose the “install from zip file options.”
- The page will send a message requesting you to select the source.
- Enter the source you selected in the previous steps (Exodus Redux).
- The zip file will reflect the repository you need to install. Some sources can use multiple repositories simultaneously. Ensure to select the correct repo to start the installation process.
- The page will show the repository installation notification on the screen. The addon repository is successfully installed.
- Once the repo is installed, the user should click the “install from repository” button.
- Next, choose the repository which you have installed (I am using Exodus Redux).
- The internet provides different repositories where some contain multiple addons.
- Select the type of add-on you wish to install from the repo—there add-ons like video, music, movies, sports, documentaries, etc.
- For our case, Exodus Redux repo is a video addon offering movies and TV shows for free.
- Choose the type of addons and click the install tab.
- The process will take few seconds, and that you have your Kodi addon Installed.
Kodi addons are the particular application that makes the Kodi app function and provides the best online content for free. The installation process is the same for all devices and takes minutes to complete. However, ensure to utilize VPN software to protect your data and identity. Third-party add-ons might harbor malicious features that affect your device, expose your data, and cause surveillance from the government and ISP.