Last Updated on November 10, 2021
Humanity has been around for over six million years. Some credit this feat to the selfish and self-preserving nature of humankind. I think otherwise. Admittedly, humanity has shown its ugly side consistently through the tide of history. This hideous side of humanity is evidenced by the average individual doing whatever they can to get ahead in life, whether at the expense of co-workers or strangers. As true as this may be, I don’t believe that the entirety of our longevity as a species is hinged on selfishness alone.
If selfishness were the root of our humanity, there’d be a lot more hostility and bickering on our planet. As we all know, hostility is the chief enemy of progress. True progress can only come through compromise.
Where am I headed? You see, I believe that there is another factor or pillar of humanity’s longevity: Loyalty! This belief is encapsulated by the view that the willingness to protect the bonds we make with others, in turn, protects us as a species. For the sake of conceptual clarification, allow me to explain the concept of Loyalty.
What is Loyalty?
In concise terms, Loyalty is the quality of faithfulness through actions or service. It can range from serving your country through the military to always sticking up for your friends and family. True Loyalty exists when an individual treasures their bonds with others and protects them with all their might.
As with most concepts, Loyalty means different things to different people. An act of Loyalty from a person may appear to be obsession when viewed from the lenses of another. How then do we truly understand the core concepts of Loyalty? It’s simple. Aggregation! By exploring the various views on the concept of Loyalty, one can easily extract the basis of each view and reach some form of consensus and enlightenment.
Without further ado, here are some of the most inspiring loyalty quotes you’d ever see!
Inspiring Loyalty Quotes
- “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Francis Puzo.
- “Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.” – Martin Luther King.
- “You cannot buy Loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” – Clarence Francis.
- “Loyalty means sticking with people you love through hard times. It doesn’t mean giving someone a license to treat you like nothing and you’ll stick around no matter what. Big difference.” – Doe Zantamata.
- “Love and loyalty run deeper than blood.” – Richelle Mead.
- “The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.” –
- “Loyalty isn’t grey. It’s black and white. You’re either loyal completely, or not loyal at all.” – Sharnay Jackson.
- “The only honest reaction and true Loyalty we get is from our animals. Once they’re your friends, you can do no wrong.” – Dick Van Patten.
- “Trust is earned, respect is given, and Loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.”- Ziad Abdelnour.
- She said, “Never be a slave of loyalty to unloyal people.” – Shannon Adler.
- “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” – Jennifer Aniston.
- “Loyalty publicly results in leverage privately.”- Andy Stanley.
- “It isn’t an easy thing to give your loyalty to someone you don’t know, especially when that person chooses to reveal nothing of himself.” – Megan Whaler Turner.
- “You don’t earn Loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” – Jeffrey Gitomer.
- “I place an enormous premium on Loyalty. If someone betrays me, I can forgive them rationally, but emotionally I have found it impossible to do so.” – Richard E. Grant.
- “Loyalty means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I’ll like it or not. Disagreement, at this state, stimulates me. But once a decision is made, the debate ends. From that point on, Loyalty means executing the decision as if it were your own.” – General Colin Powell.
- “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” – Woodrow T. Wilson.
- “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart – the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.” – Maurice R. Franks.
- “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.” – Zig Ziglar.
- “Employee loyalty begins with employer loyalty. Your employees should know that if they do the job they were hired to do with a reasonable amount of competence and efficiency, you will support them.” – Harvey Mackay.
- “Loyalty will not permit envy, hate, and uncharitableness to creep into our public thinking.” – Bainbridge Colby.
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is Loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.”- Ann Landers.
- “Loyalty is something you give regardless of what you get back, and in giving loyalty, you’re getting more loyalty; and out of loyalty flow other great qualities.” – Charles Jones.
- “You have to be really loyal to the people that supported you when you were coming up.” – Sylvester Stallone.
- Neil Kinnock warns us about the dangers of excessive Loyalty in the political scene. He said, “Loyalty is a fine quality, but in excess it fills political graveyards.”
- “We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.” – Edward R. Murrow.
- “The test of good citizenship is loyalty to country.” – Bainbridge Colby.
- She said, “Loyalty is a continuous phenomenon, you don’t score points for past action.” – Natasha Pulley.
- “Love often wears a mask in order to test loyalty.” – Minna Antrim.
- “Honesty and Loyalty are key. If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” – Taylor Lautner.
- “I look for these qualities and characteristics in people. Honesty is number one, respect, and absolutely the third would have to be Loyalty.” – Summer Altice.
- “Without loyalty, you won’t accomplish anything.” – George Washington.
- “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” – Carroll Bryant.
- “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” – Ernie Banks.
- “Loyalty is the strongest glue which makes a relationship last for a lifetime.” – Mario Puzo.
- “The best things in life are free. It is important never to lose sight of that. So look around you. Wherever you see friendship, Loyalty, laughter, and Love… there is your treasure.” – Neale Donald Walsch.
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.” – Abraham Lincoln.
- “Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge.” – Ellen J. Barrier.
- “Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business or a hobby.” – Neil Strauss.
- “The game is my wife. It demands Loyalty and responsibility, and it gives me back fulfillment and peace.” – Michael Jordan.
- In his words, “You give Loyalty, you’ll get it back. You give Love, you’ll get it back.” – Tommy Lasorda.
- “If you can’t value a commitment made by someone else, your own commitments lose their value too.” – Ram Mohan.
- When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape.” – Andy Andrews.
- “When I meet a new person, I am on the lookout for signs of what he or she is loyal to. It is a preliminary clue to the sense of belonging, and hence of his or her humanity.” – Haniel Long.
- “Loyalty to the family must be merged into Loyalty to the community, Loyalty to the community into Loyalty to the nation, and Loyalty to the nation into Loyalty to mankind. The citizen of the future must be a citizen of the world.” – Thomas Cochrane.
- “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” – Jane Austen.
- “We are sure to get opportunities as we show ourselves capable of being trusted.” – Roy L. Smith.
- “Reliability is a most wonderful virtue. We should cultivate it. We should be consistent about the things we do, so that others will know they can count on us. But more important, we want to be able to count on ourselves. The greatest pain is to have to disappoint one’s self.” – Sterling W. Sill.
- “Love is not maximum emotion. Love is maximum commitment.” – Sinclair B. Ferguson.
- “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” –R.R. Tolkien.
- “Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments–because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you–and in your greatest moments–because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” – Nicole Yatsonsky.
- “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.”– Grace Murray Hopper.
- “My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” – Taylor Swift.
- “To have a caring and committed heart toward someone—a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person’s state of health, appearance, reputation, finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is Love. It is a rare find.” – Richelle E. Goodrich.
- “If you assume that the new – and simply because it’s new – is always to be better than the old, chances are you’ve never known anything valuable.” – Criss Jami.
- “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” –Vince Lombardi.
- “Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” – Samuel Butler.
- “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” – Anthony Robbins.
- “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” – Cheryl Cole.
- “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.”– Confucius.
Ultimately, Loyalty has many faces. As we have witnessed, there are numerous views on the topic. This begs the question, what does Loyalty mean to you? Is it the protection of bonds or the irreplaceable experiences shared with loved ones? Is it the gestures of kindness or the Love that stands the test of time? I believe that answering these questions will bring you closer to the values that you truly treasure.