Last Updated on August 21, 2020
Let’s face it: apart from priceless experience and unmatched knowledge, college presents one more gift, better known as stress. Is there at least one undergrad who never got stressed or anxious because of the pressure coming from deadlines, exams, and heaps of assignments?
A little stress is OK as it makes us come up with solutions faster and enhances our resistance. Though dealing with regular stress can make you feel run down and significantly take off your health. You can combat it independently, but a little help can’t hurt, especially when the initiative comes from your place of study.
Want to find out what colleges encourage healthy living and support wellness initiatives? Check out the list!
Colleges Supporting Health and Well-Being
Sometimes what-doesn’t-kill-you-makes-you-stronger approaches are not the right option, and successful students know that. If you are physically unable to accomplish all the piled-up tasks, why not ask for help from experts?
To relieve the stress of excessive homework, head over to domyessay.com, and have your assignment done promptly and competently. Homework help service is an effective way out, though long term perspective requires other practical solutions. Let’s see what solutions colleges and universities offer!
Apart from being one of the leading institutions in the US, Yale makes a valuable contribution to well-being promotion.
- They implement programs, sources, and services that help students and teaching staff prosper. You can join a meditation group, walking tour, or one of the wellness programs held on zoom and offline.
- The university offers gym membership free for all students. It is a multipurpose complex building with running tracks, basketball courts, and a fitness center.
- The Yale-Well program was created to provide clinical resources, improve overall well-being, promote stress management, and a lot more.
- You can listen to free podcasts from doctors and pharmacists to raise awareness of important health topics.
- The university provides grants for students to foster consciousness and awareness of multiple wellness aspects.
- It is one of the vegan-friendly colleges, meaning you can find numerous plant-based options in the local cafes.
University of Georgia
This academic institution actively supports student athletic organizations and takes multiple well-being actions. Here are some of them:
- Among 800 official student organizations, 19 of them are sports like baseball, basketball, gymnastics, etc.
- Along with ample athletics opportunities, the university cares much about students’ diets. The initiatives they sponsor are free nutritionist sessions, a mobile app with a meal plan where you can see the nutritional value of the food in dining halls, and many other useful things. They also have eating smart course to help you develop healthy habits.
- The University Health Promotion Department includes nutrition counseling, sexual health education, wellness and prevention programming, and health promotion volunteering programs.
- As a student at the University of Georgia, you also get access to recreational sports, currently available online. You can try group fitness, outdoor trips, and other options in the Ramsey Student Center.
- UGA organizes healthy cooking classes named the Nutrition Teaching Kitchen, where you can learn cooking techniques and discover that healthy equals tasty.
University of Iowa
UI’s Recreational Services are provided to promote healthy life choices beyond the classroom.
- The university offers an extensive range of intramural sports, tournaments, and events for faculty students and staff.
- For all the fans of outdoor activity, the university’s organized the Rental Center with the necessary equipment for camping or kayak trips.
- The university dining service provides healthy meal food options as well as locally-grown foods.
- To support student success, UI sponsors diverse wellness programs, including stress management, alcohol, and drug support, intuitive eating, and light therapy.
- The UI Counseling service provides mental well-being support through individual and group therapy, relationship therapy, eating disorders network, and even phone consultations.
Another college that puts health and wellness first is Princeton University. Here are some of the healthy actions taken by the university:
- Princeton provides excellent campus dining and cooking options: students can choose special meal plans as well as learn to cook healthy cuisine options with organic and locally-grown products.
- Mental health and wellness services are also promoted in the university through meditation groups, consultations with psychologists and psychiatrists at no cost for students.
- One of the rare benefits of the university is that it supports young families while one of their members pursues their academic programs.
- Princeton focuses on both professional athletics with championships and recreational sports available for all students. There are 37 sports clubs that you can join to keep your strength up and make new friends.
- If you haven’t figured out what sport to choose, there is always a more neutral option. The university promotes campus fitness with fascinating alternatives, including hiking and kayaking.
Along with the freedom of choosing an academic journey, students are offered to join various well-being opportunities.
- Health promotion at Brown University is valued for the excellent health services it provides. Holistic care is available for everyone in the university 24/7.
- Through workshops and peer education, the university wellness program BWell organized healthy living promotion.
- Every student and faculty member has access to psychological services that incorporate support groups, individual counseling, and other mental health services.
- Students are welcome to join one of the sports’ clubs for men and women and choose a PE course such as dance, yoga, and a lot more.
Nothing complements a sharp mind like a healthy body, and some colleges keep that in mind. Students can do a lot on their own though common effort and college initiative yield better results.