Minecraft is an open-world game that allows players to build with textured cubes in a 3D procedurally generated world.
Gamers and YouTubers like recording this game by using different types of screen recording software to show their gaming experience to the world by broadcasting live on the internet through streaming and social media.
In the past, recording videos is not as easy as it’s now. Some Minecraft screen recorder tools are heavy and have a bad performance which will result in lagging gameplay and ruin your game experience.
To overcome this problem, we are going to present you top 5 Minecraft screen recording software out there with no lag.
Here is a list of the top 5 fast and most powerful Minecraft screen recorders.
1. HitPaw Screen Recorder
This software is one of the best screen recorders for Minecraft, designed to help you record your gameplay without any interruptions, and it’s one of the most user-friendly options available. Some of its key features include:
Customized Recording Area
You can select any specific area on your screen to record, which is great for capturing Minecraft gameplay.
This software also offers a scheduler for timed recordings, so you can capture your videos even if you’re not around to start the recording manually. This is a great feature for ensuring that you never miss a moment.
Cursor & Drawing Effect
The cursor and drawing effects highlight important elements to make your film more appealing.
The software is designed to minimize any lag or slow down, so you can record your gameplay without any interruptions. With hardware-acceleration, it improves the computer’s efficiency and export video recording more quickly.
HitPaw Screen Recorder is a Minecraft recording software that produces HD recordings perfect for sharing with friends or uploading to YouTube. HitPaw Screen Recorder supports recording in 4K resolution, so you can capture all the details of your Minecraft gameplay.
Ease of use:
HitPaw screen recorder is easy to use because it has a simple and straightforward user interface. You can start and stop recording with just a few clicks, and the recordings are automatically saved to your computer. Plus, you can use HitPaw screen recorder to record your entire screen or just a specific portion of it. And if you want, you can even record your computer’s audio at the same time as you make a video..
What Users Like About This Minecraft Recorder:
- The software comes with a free trial version to use all features and doesn’t contain any adware or malware. You can buy a premium version to enjoy features without a watermark.
- HitPaw is a good recording software for Minecraft that allows you to record your entire screen or select just a single game window.
- The software is easy to use, and its interface allows you to start recording as soon as you launch it.
- This is a lightweight program that doesn’t slow down your PC or affect the performance of other applications.
- The software supports hotkeys, making it fast and straightforward to begin recording without navigating through multiple menus.
What Users Don’t Like About This Recording Software for Minecraft
- A few complaints about its recording quality not being as good as other recorders they’ve used.
- A user cannot install this software in a 32-bit computer system.
To use HitPaw Screen Recorder, your PC must meet the following system requirements:
- Windows 7/8/10/ and a 64-bit system is required to install this software.
- The software can also be installed on MAC computer.
It is one of the best screen recorders for Minecraft with no lag and comes with very reasonable purchasing plans.
- One-month plan for $9.99 – No watermark, no ads, unlimited usage, and can be canceled any time. You can use it on only 1 PC.
- One-year plan for $29.99 – No watermark, no ads, unlimited usage, and can be canceled any time. You can use it on only 1 PC.
- Lifetime plan for $49.99 – No watermark, no ads, and unlimited usage. You can use it on only 1 PC.
This is yet another Minecraft screen recorder that lets you record your gameplay without slowing down your PC. It’s one of the most powerful options available, packing multiple advanced features for recording your gameplay. Some of its key features include:
Multiple capture modes:
The software is equipped with multiple screen capture modes, including:
- Clipping the game’s window to a custom region of your PC’s display.
- Capturing areas of your monitor in any shape you want.
- A picture-in-picture feature that lets you record an additional feed from another source.
OBS Studio enables you to control various aspects of your recording, including:
- Adjusting the video encoding settings and quality.
- Setting up hotkeys and customizing other preferences and settings.
Multiple audio options:
You can choose the audio source you want to use and set it up so that you can record your voice or commentary. The software supports multiple audio sources, letting you record with devices such as the microphone or webcam.
OBS Studio is one of the best screen recorders for Minecraft no lag that uses advanced encoding for producing HD video recordings.
What Users Like About This Minecraft Recorder:
- The software is easy to use and doesn’t require advanced configuration or complicated setup.
- OBS Studio is equipped with advanced recording features, letting you adjust various aspects of your recording, including its quality.
- It’s one of the few tools that support multiple audio devices and sources.
What Users Don’t Like About This Recording Software for Minecraft:
- Some users complain about bugs and compatibility issues with specific PC systems.
To use OBS Studio, your PC must meet the following system requirements:
- Any Windows version that supports Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1
- 4GB Ram (recommended but not necessary)
- DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
It is free and open-source.
3. Xbox Screen Recorder
Xbox screen recorder is a very good tool that gives you the ability to record your gameplay. It doesn’t require any editing program that you need to install on your computer before starting the video capturing process. It has many great features, such as the ability to record in HD quality, record audio, and even add webcam footage.
The Xbox screen recorder is a simple and easy-to-use program. All you have to do is click the record button, and it starts recording your game. You can configure video quality, frame rate, and even webcam settings all from within an easy-to-use interface. It’s as simple as that!
The Xbox screen recorder also has a shareable website feature. You can put a link on your website, and anyone who views the video will see you play as if they were watching from the Xbox screen recorder itself.
In addition to recording Minecraft gameplay without lag, this program also gives you the ability to screenshot your Minecraft world and add webcam footage and even custom text and sound.
What Users Like About Xbox Screen Recorder
- It’s a built-in feature in Windows 10 for recording and a user doesn’t have to install it separately.
- The software is easy to use.
What Users Don’t Like About Xbox Screen Recorder
- Some users report problems with sound quality.
- Xbox screen recorder is a built-in feature in Windows 10 for screen recording.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or later (required to install the application)
It’s a free Minecraft game recording software with a completely free 4GB recording limit.
ShadowPlay is a screen recorder for Minecraft built into GeForce Experience, a software suite from NVIDIA that provides stability and performance enhancements for GeForce graphics card users. It’s a powerful and easy-to-use tool that lets you record your Minecraft gameplay at high quality without requiring additional hardware or software.
Some of ShadowPlay’s key features include:
- The ability to record in 1080p resolution at up to 60FPS.
- A library that lets you access your recordings and share them with others.
- The ability to live-stream your gameplay with minimal delay.
- Dual encoder technology that provides fast, high-quality recording.
What Users Like About ShadowPlay:
The software is equipped with a live-streaming feature, letting you instantly share your gameplay on YouTube.
It comes with a very simple design that’s easy to use.
Settings for recording are automatically configured by GeForce Experience, letting you start recording as soon as you launch the program.
ShadowPlay is one of the best recording software for Minecraft that uses hardware encoding, allowing you to record your gameplay in 1080p resolution at 60FPS.
What Users Don’t Like About This Recording Software for Minecraft:
Some users complain about the high CPU usage associated with ShadowPlay’s live streaming feature.
Recording tools are available on the screen only while the game is in full-screen mode.
The software doesn’t support recording multiple audio devices simultaneously.
- GeForce graphics card with at least 2GB of memory but if you are looking for better quality which requires a more robust system, I would recommend this one: Elgato HD60 Pro System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
- RAM: 2 GB
- System Space: 1 GB
This software is free to use.
ReLive is a powerful tool that allows you to capture and record your desktop or gameplay. It can do Minecraft screen recording with no lag. You can then edit and share your recordings with others.
Some of the key features of this powerful screen recorder for Minecraft include:
- The ability to capture and record anything on your PC.
- A built-in video editor allows you to edit your recordings before sharing them with others.
- In-game screenshot capture functionality.
What Users Like About ReLive:
It enables you to record gameplay at 60FPS.
You can configure the software only to capture the in-game section you’re currently playing in.
It comes with a built-in video editor that allows you to easily edit your recordings before sharing them with others.
What Users Don’t Like About This Screen Recorder for Minecraft:
The software doesn’t support recording gameplay and audio simultaneously, which is a significant downside if you’re looking to create VODs.
High CPU usage when running in full-screen mode can cause choppy gameplay.
Minimum System Requirements & Recommended System Requirements
- Intel Core i3 or AMD Phenom II processor, equivalent or better
- AMD A8-6600K APU or Intel Core i3-4340, equivalent or better
- Minimum 4 GB RAM, 8GB recommended AMD Radeon HD 7790/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost, equivalent or better
- Windows 10 (64bit) , Windows 8.1 (64bit), Windows 7 (64bit)
Radeon Relive is a free streaming software for AMD graphics cards. The end goal of the software is to make the overall process as simple as possible. Useful for screen recordings, streamers or content creators, The app is accessible as a free download from Radeon.
If you’re looking for a screen recording software that will allow you to capture your Minecraft gameplay and share it with others, we recommend HitPaw Screen Recorder. This powerful tool is equipped with more features like audio voiceover capabilities and in-game video editing tools. You may also want to consider our list of other top 5 best screen recorders for Minecraft if this doesn’t fit what you need or have specific needs from a screen recorder such as 60FPS HD Recording or simple design etc…