Have you run out of storage? We can not replace or upgrade our hard drives, but other opportunities exist. This article proposes to you a guide on how to save more room on Mac and to make it usable again.
11 Tips To Free Up The Other Storage
We often come the “other storage is full” on Mac. You will be able to fix this issue by removing any large items. Low space influences the speed.
1. Try to install some special Mac cleaning software. The app may erase all the files in one click.
Or, if you want to do it yourself – read this article and check this link for more instructions.
2. Erase old apps and games. The simplest way to clean up your notebook is to erase two or three applications every two weeks. Open the App folder, find the files you not need and move them to the Recycle bin.
3. Clean off the Downloads. The files clog up the HD, are left in the Downloads folder. Open it and move the content to the Recycle Bin.
4. The Recycle Bin is a place, to gather the erased docs. Click on the trash bin icon and “empty trash”. But the docs can be left there as the Other storage. To erase them entirely:
- Click on the Recycle Bin icon.
- Press the Command button on the keyboard.
- “Empty Trash” will change to a “Secure Empty Trash”. You can delete files from there.
5. Clear the Photos App “Recently deleted”. When you remove a photo it moves to a Recently Deleted folder and is left in the HD. Open the menu bar and click “file”, then select “Show recently deleted”. Click Delete all icon in the top corner. Or right-click and select “Delete one photo”.
6. Users who have speed internet may try this option. Icloud will help you to move the docs to the cloud.
7. An external hard drive will free up much disk space. Plug it into the USB port and remove all the docs to the drive.
8. Clean off the temporary files. Your Macs hard drive has files you do not need. You may find them by opening Finder, using Go>; Go to Folder on the menu and ~Library/Caches to go to the cache folder. You will move up to a folder and select which files you like to delete.
9. Remove the disk images and the archives. If there some useless dmg. and zip. docs you can remove them by opening the Finder and writing DMG/Zip in the search field. Choose This Mac from the search option. Sort the items by size and delete them.
10. Clear off the old ITune backups. Click on the Itunes menu and select the Preferences. Select Devices, then find old backups and remove them to trash.
11. Delete big messages. To do this:
Open mail and click on the folder you want to delete. Use sort by size option to find the large messages. Click on the message and select Message> Remove attachments from the menu bar. Repeat for the items you like to erase.
It is helpful to understand what is using up disk space. The scan of the HD shows which of the folders and docs are wasting the room. The duplicate and language files are worth erasing too.
You will never fully erase Other section. But these tips will help you to clear off the most of the garbage and maintain your computer’s health. There many other choices but we tried these ones and have splendid results.
Powered by Creative Market